Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) was traveling with a non-Muslim. The man asked him where he was headed. Ali (as) responded, “To Kufa”.
Ali (as) and the man traveled a distance together until the man decided to change his path. Ali (as) also followed the man’s path. The man asked Ali, “Weren’t you headed for Kufa?”
Ali (as) confirmed.
The man responded, “Then why did you change your path?”
Ali (as) said, “One of the etiquettes of traveling with a person is to accompany your travel partner for a while upon departure. This is amongst the teachings of our Prophet (PBUH&HP).”
The man replied, “Is that so?”
Ali (as) confirmed. The man continued, “Truly he has gained his followers through his generous manner. I too turn to your faith.”
He then returned with Ali (as) and after getting to know him better, he became Muslim.
Usul-al Kafi, Vol 2, page 670
- Search for ThanksgivingIf a sighted person goes blind, and then recovers, he/she would eagerly become thankful and would […]
- The Dignity of BraveryBravery has a unique place in our daily life. It has a holy definition and becomes meaningful with […]
- Neighbors first, then ourselvesThat night, he was listening to his mom who had turned towards Qibla at a corner of the room. He […]
- Ali (Peace be Upon Him) and the Grand Order of AllahAli (PBUH) was born in the Ka’ba, the place where Muslims turn to for their daily prayers. He […]
- The NurturedThe leaders and followers of every institution have key roles in the success and failures of those […]