Once on an Eid al-Fitr, Imam Hassan (PBUH) saw a man who had occupied his time with laughter and useless entertainment. At that Imam Hassan (PBUH) turned to his companions and said: “Allah placed the holy month of Ramadan for people so that they compete with each other in worship and obedience. In this competition, some excel, achieve unlimited blessings of Allah, and (therefore) win the competition. Whereas, others fall back, lose, and obtain nothing but loss. It is striking that in such a day– in which the righteous and the hard workers will receive great rewards and the culpable and one’s who did not try their best will see loss,– (that they) keep themselves busy with entertainment.”
One of the rituals done in this festival is Salat al-Eid. In addition to the fact that prayer (Salat) is a sign of Allah’s mercy and munificence, each Salat can strengthen the ties one has with Allah (SWT). Certain prayers allow one to gain specific blessings from Allah (SWT). Hence, one who has the chance to perform such prayers may reach to his/her own needs in addition to forgiveness and special gifts from the almighty Allah. The prayer of Eid al-Fitr belongs to this category of prayers. On such an important Eid, one should be hopeful of Allah’s mercy and forgiveness, rather than being hopeless because of his sins. Moreover, despite disgrace of any individual as a consequence of sins, one should seek Allah’s compassion through His Prophet, Imams (PBUT) and those who attained high ranks. Indeed, Allah (SWT) will not turn His servants down and everyone will be able to gain profit.
Thus, one should perform the prayer with special attention and a hopeful heart toward Allah’s mercy and kindness.
(Reference: Al-Muraqibaat by Haj Mirza Jawaad Maliki Tabrizi)
Congratulations to all Muslims upon the festival of Fitr, the completion day to the month of fasting, and the day of thanking the blessings of Allah (SWT).
- The Master of worshippers, the Secret Helper of the PoorThe view common people have towards one who isolates himself from society and devotes his life […]
- Quran and New TestamentThe Holy Quran clearly states that Jesus (PBUH) was a messenger of Allah (SWT) and the Gospel is a […]
- A Strong AnswerThe manifestation of Imamate was slowly approaching the city of Marw. Excitement and anticipation […]
- Grand, but Humble“The other aspect in the personality of Hussain (PBUH) that has fascinated me is his humbleness […]
- To Be Enamored and Guided …The Infallible Imams (PBUT) were true servants of Allah (SWT). The faith they had in Allah (SWT), […]
Leave a Reply