The Fortress of Heart
When Ma’mun the Abbasid Caliph called upon Imam Ali Ibn Musa al-Reza (PBUH) to migrate from Medina to the city of Marv in the land of Persia, people gathered in the city of Nishapur to see the descent of the Prophet (PBUH&HP). Two of the local scholars approached the ride of Imam Reza (PBUH) and said: people want to see you up close and hear your words.
Imam Reza (PBUH) agreed to see the crowd and narrated the following from his fathers who narrated from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HP) who said:
“I heard from the angel Gabriel, that Allah (SWT) told him: The saying ‘there’s no God but Allah’1 is My fortress. Whoever enters My fortress shall be safe from My punishment’”. The Imam then paused for a moment and continued, “There are few conditions entitling entrance to the fortress and I am one of its conditions.”2
Imam Reza (PBUH) has recognized the condition to acknowledge the One-ness of Allah (monotheism) and entrance to His safe fortress is to accept the Imam as a true leader and obey him accordingly.
As in a society without rules and protection, mayhem will be caused; a heart without protection will be exposed to many wrong doings and bad decisions. Based on the invaluable narration by Imam Reza (PBUH), the acceptance to obey Allah (SWT) and movement along side His wishes designated by the Imams is the actual fortress for ones heart. This is an all-time solution for everyone and can even protect the spiritual health of any society.
(The above is a selection taken from ‘Imam Reza (PBUH) the symbol of Lord’s Kindness’ by Ayatullah Zia’ Abadi)
The Roshd Website congratulates all Muslims, especially you dear friend, upon 11th of Dhi al-Qa’dah, the birthday anniversary of the manifestation of kindness of Allah, Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (PBUH).
1. ‘There is No God but Allah’ also known as the concept of Towhid and monotheism is addressed as a notion and general belief.
2.Full narration is addressed in many Sunni and Shi’ite references: al-Towhid, vol. 25, pg. 23 – Amali al-Saduq pg. 195 narration 8 – Ma’ani al-Akhbar, pg. 371, narration 1 – etc.
- Brine WaterOne of the best methods that the holy Quran offers to purify the soul of the humankind is to avoid […]
- The Secret of Amity and AnimosityThe alchemists believed that there is a material called elixir which can transform one material […]
- The Conspiracy of the CaliphHe feared light like a thief. Evidently, he was afraid of the beneficent and sun-like presence of […]
- Fighting PovertyImam Sajjad (PBUH) used to consider people’s “financial hardship” as a catastrophe. Financial […]
- Honor or Shame?In order to gain knowledge about a faith or religion, being aware of its beliefs and practices is a […]
Leave a Reply