By nature, the child expects that promises will be kept. When the parents fulfill their small promises the child gets trained in this important aspect of life. But if people take their small promises lightly and neglect them, the child takes the negative example and develops the habit of breaking his word. Children start believing that promises are made to be broken.
If the parents make false promises to momentarily calm the child, they are inadvertently training the child to make false promises. Do the parents ever imagine what impact they are making on the impressionable minds of the children? In fact; children automatically emulate the actions and words of their parents.
A selection from Principles of Upbringing Children by Ibrahim Amini
- The Miracle of FriendshipFor sure the shocking statistics of global and social problems has drawn your attention to them. […]
- As I Am Alive …The caravan was heading for Shaam (Damascus). The long journey from Karbala was over. When […]
- The Secret of HumblenessLooking into history, we see that the spiritual status of our Imams (PBUH) and their great […]
- A Heavenly Wife“O Spirit of Allah, I have come to ask for the hand of the daughter of your successor Simon in […]
- A Support in One’s LifeMankind inherently cannot live without support. The way human is created is that everyone seeks a […]