Islam’s take on Racism…
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) said: I was chosen for the guidance of white, black and red (people of all colors)…1
Looking at the companions of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH&HP), Bilal Habashi (dark skinned from Africa), Salman Farsi (from Persia), Suhaib Romi (from Rome), Abouzar al-Ghaffari and Kheil Ziaadi were amongst the companions who had absolutely no relevance with each other in terms of race, and their nationality was inherently very different. But perhaps they were closer than real brothers. Their key common interest was simply Allah, His Messenger and the religion of Islam.
Allah has never declared a preference for a particular race, ethnicity or nation. After all, He is the creator of all races and all of mankind. On this note, the Messenger of Allah has a saying: “All people are Allah’s family…. ”2
But what is the honor factor scale? Who is the better one?
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH&HP) clarifies this matter through a narration: “O People! Your Lord is only one. Your father is also only one. You are all mankind and all mankind is created from soil; Definitely the most honored among you in the sight of Allah is the one who is the most pious3. No Arab is honored more than a non-Arab. The only honor scale is piety.”4
The Messenger of Allah introduced himself from the early days as the Messenger for all races. He put this in practice by having a diverse selection of people very close to him (the companions) throughout his mission, and he never placed a preference for anyone based on race.
The Roshd Website congratulates all Muslims, especially you dear friend, upon the 27th of Rajab, the commencement of the descent of the Holy Quran and the appointment of the last Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HP).
1.Rozatul Wa’dhin, vol. 1, pg. 52
2.Wasa’il al-Shi’a, vol. 16, pg. 345
3. Holy Quran, 49:13
4.Tuhf al-Uqool, pg. 34
- The Exam of LoyaltySometimes, a one or two, or a few day life of a person, which its description might fit in few […]
- Karbala and Better Understanding of History of Islam(1)On every Ashura, the 10th day of the Muslim calendar month of Muharram (which fell on December 6th […]
- Let’s not Judge Early!Allah (SWT) has blessed His representatives with certain divine abilities. Belief of the people in […]
- The Rejuvenator of Religion“We served in the army of Amir al-Mu’minin during the battle of Saffein under the command of Ammar […]
- Serving for IslamNowadays, most historians study the lives of the Ahl al-Bayt (PBUT) merely from the confined aspect […]