Historic sources clearly show that the many people who in practice denied the immediate succession of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HP) by Ali Ibn Abitalib were in fact present in the event of Ghadir. Only a few years following the event of Ghadir historic sources refer to the event in very vivid examples. The following are just a few of such examples:
1- It has been narrated that once when Abu Hurairah entered a Mosque and people gathered around him, a young man among them spoke saying: “For the sake of Allah tell us, did you hear the Messenger of Allah say: ‘For whoever I am his Master, ‘Ali is his master. O Allah love those who love him, and be hostile to those who are hostile to him’?”
Abu Hurairah responded: “I bear witness that I heard the Prophet himself say: ‘For whoever I am his Master, Ali is his master. O Allah! Love those who love him, and be hostile to those who are hostile to him.’ ”
2- The narrator of this account says that he once entered Mecca with Abdullah Abdullah Ibn Alqamah who held a deep-felt hatred towards Amir al Mu’menin and cursed him at every chance he got. Abu Sa’eed Khudri (a known companion to the Prophet) was also present in Mecca. The narrator asked Abdullah if he would like to hear a narration about Ali from Abu Saeed? He agreed and we went to Abu Saeed. Abdullah asked: have you heard any narration about Ali from the Prophet himself?
Abu Saeed answer: Yes! I will tell you about a narration, which you can ask from any Muhajir or Ansar and also anyone in the tribe of Quraysh [so that you are sure about its authenticity]: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) stood up in the return of last Hajj in [the area] Ghadir Khum and announced: O People! Do I have more authority over the believers than themselves? People said: Yes. Prophet repeated the question three times. He then said: O Ali! Come closer. Then he raised Ali’s hand and said three times: “For whoever I am his Master, Ali is his master.”
Abdullah asked: Did you hear than yourself from the Messenger of Allah? While Abu Saeed was pointing to his ears and heart, he said: With my own ears and placed it into my heart.
After the Dhuhr Prayer that very day, Abdullah stood up and said three times: I repent to Allah for having cursed Ali and ask for His forgiveness.
- The Successor of the Infallibles“The one who dies, not knowing the Imam of his time, will have died the ignorance death.”(1) The […]
- An Approach to Freedom…The night of Sha’ban the 15th was coming to the end. The moment was slowly approaching, and […]
- Work and Worship“I had been pondering on who the successor of Imam Zain al-Abidin, Sajjad (PBUH), would be, until I […]
- It is Said as SuchMany people have studied the life and character of the Prophet of Islam and have expressed […]
- “Distress in the path of worship”In the context of religion, any act that brings about the satisfaction of Allah (SWT) and causes […]
Leave a Reply