A second generation companion says that he once entered Mecca with Abdullah Ibn ‘Alqamah who held a deep-felt hatred towards Amir al Mu’menin Ali and cursed him at every chance he got. Abu Sa’eed Khudri (a known companion to the Prophet) was also present in Mecca at the time. The narrator asked Abdullah if he would like to hear a narration about Ali from Abu Saeed? He agreed and we went to Abu Saeed. Abdullah asked: have you heard any narration about Ali from the Prophet (PBUH&HP)?
Abu Saeed answer: Yes! I will tell you about a narration, which you can ask from any Muhajir or Ansar and also anyone in the tribe of Quraysh [so that you are sure about its authenticity]: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) stood up in the return of last Hajj in [the area] Ghadir and announced: O People! Do I have more authority over the believers than themselves? (1) People said: Yes. The Prophet repeated the question three times. He then said: O Ali! Come closer. Then he raised Ali’s hand and said three times: “For whoever I am his Master, Ali is his master.”
Abdullah asked: Did you hear than yourself from the Messenger of Allah? While Abu Saeed was pointing to his ears and heart, he said: With my own ears and placed it into my heart.
After the Dhuhr Prayer that very day, Abdullah stood up and said three times: I repent to Allah for having cursed Ali and ask for His forgiveness (2).
(1) See Tabari Translation for more insight on Holy Quran 33:6 – the narration has numerous narrations by Sunni and Shia references.
(2) Tarikh al-Kabir al-Bukhari, vol. 4, pg. 193
#Ghadir #Ghadeer #AmiralMumenin #AliIbnAbitalib #CommanderoftheFaithful
- Irreconcilable DaysWhat is hard work and effort? What really matters is luck! Effort, knowledge, art, science and […]
- Knowledge of the ChosenShiites hold the belief that the Prophet and the Imams are chosen by Allah (SWT), and hold […]
- A Small Grave, A Dire TragedyDuring the lifetime of Allameh Bahrol Oloom1 areas of the tomb of Abu Fazel Abbas (PBUH) required […]
- Ali (PBUH) as Ever Just and Trustworthy!Ali (PBUH) is the first Imam of Shiites and the first successor of the final messenger, Prophet […]
- The Spirit of Justice in PracticeThe person who is familiar with Islamic teachings and the records of Imam Ali (PBUH) knows how he […]