She found herself close to welfare. Her biggest wish for her life was going to be happened. The happiness infiltrated her restless heart and included her house and business office. Soon this happiness passed through whole houses and communities in Mecca.
The news about the marriage between Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HP) and Lady Khadijah (PBUH) caused different responses. Some were happy with this union and some were not. Those who considered the superficial values such as wealth and power, as the only factor of similarity and balance in the life, blamed the sage and open-minded lady. They said that how could such a perfect wealthy lady and independent girl who was the owner of a huge commercial office, get prepared to marry with a young orphan who had not a great wealth though he had all the best human’s moralities.
Hearing these unaware and envious murmurs, she gave a big party to clarify her wise, suitable and important decision and to defend her main support, Muhammad (PBUH). She invited numerous girls and women and addresses them during dinner:
“O! Ladies, I heard that some of you questioned my decision to marry Muhammad. I want to ask you whether there is any better and exalted man than this young man in Mecca, Hijaz and even whole world? Do you know any person better than him in humanity, virtue, generosity, wisdom, broadmindedness and freedom? Everyone has several wishes, ideal and conditions in marriage and I am fascinated by his perfection, magnanimous, thought and good manner. Unaware cavil, people’s envy and maliciousness could not stop me and I see myself successful and exalted in my life.”(1)
By hearing this clarifying speech, the famous ladies of Hijaz kept silent.
Based on this insight, Lady Khadijah (PBUH) did not withhold any devotion to the way of the Great Prophet of Islam (PBUH&HP) until her death. Lady Fatimah al-Zahra (PBUH) is the result of this marriage. A selection which was based on wisdom and thought could have such a great result. What is/was our main criterion for marriage?
(The above is a selection taken from the book “Luminosity of Sky of Hiijaz, Lady Khadijah (PBUH)”, by Ali Karami Faridani)
Roshd offers its condolences on the tenth of Ramadan, the anniversary of demise of the kind partner and supporter of the Messenger of Allah (SWT), the true defender of the Prophet of Islam (PBUH&HP), the mother of the pious, Lady Khadijah (PBUH) to all Muslims and especially to you, dear friend.
If you are interested to know more about the conditions and the characteristics of the spouse, you may refer to the article entitles as “The Purpose of Marriage- The Characteristics of the Spouse” in Q&A section of website.
1. The speech of Lady Khadijah (PBUH) was taken from “al-Anwar” by Ab al-Hasan Bakri, a Sunni scholar.
- The Last ArrowThe entire period of the short life of Lady Fatimah (PBUH) after the demise of her father […]
- Social Security in the First CenturyThe old Christian man had worked his lifetime to make a living but did not have any savings left in […]
- “Being Respected in the Eyes of Allah (SWT)…”Abu Musa, one of the companions of Imam Hadi (PBUH) has narrated the following story: One day I […]
- Human RightsImam Hassan Askari (PBUH) said, “The best people with Allah are the ones who know the rights of […]
- On The Quest for Knowledge‘Unwaan Basri was 94 years old when he heard about Imam Sadiq’s (PBUH) high level of knowledge in […]
Leave a Reply